Foundation for MetroWest augments its role through strategic education services, like hosting community forums on philanthropy for donors and nonprofits to help people understand the needs of the region and how best to address them. The Foundation also offers services to financial advisors and works with finance and investment professionals as they advise clients on philanthropic investments.
The Foundation for MetroWest board is comprised of local residents and offers an important opportunity for leadership and engagement in improving the quality of life in this region.
As one of almost 800 community foundations nationwide, the Foundation for MetroWest represents one of the fastest-growing types of philanthropic organizations in the United States. With the rising exodus to MetroWest suburbs, private philanthropy is essential to sustain and enhance the quality of life in these communities for generations to come. MetroWest would not be the thriving region it is today if it were not for the continued support of private giving from all walks of life. In light of this, Foundation for MetroWest’s efforts will sustain and invigorate MetroWest communities for present and future generations.
About The Building
3 Eliot Street, the Morse-Dana-Leach House, was built when the east boundary of Natick extended to the western shore of Lake Waban, now in Wellesley. In 1759, David Morse built this as a “saltbox” on land he had purchased from the native owners in 1730. Ephraim Dana bought the property on April 27, 1779, and established a blacksmith shop at the corner of Leach Lane. His daughters, Rebecca and Tabitha, built the eastern extension of the house for the store. The property remained nominally in the Dana family for over 100 years. Eventually passing to in-laws, the Abbotts, then in-laws, the Leach Family and finally to H. Hollis Hunnewell on October 16, 1876.