The Foundation for MetroWest office at 3 Eliot Street, Natick, Massachusetts, 01760

3 Eliot Street, the Morse-Dana-Leach House, was built when the east boundary of Natick extended to the western shore of Lake Waban, now in Wellesley. In 1759, David Morse built this as a "salt box" on land he had purchased from the native owners in 1730. Ephraim Dana bought the property on April 27, 1779 and established a blacksmith shop at the corner of Leach Lane. His daughters, Rebecca and Tabitha, built the eastern extension of the house for the store. The property remained nominally in the Dana family for over 100 years. Eventually passing to in-laws, the Abbotts, then in-laws, the Leach Family and finally to H. Hollis Hunnewell on October 16, 1876.